- Americans use 4 million plastic bottles every hour, but only 25% of plastic bottles are recycled.
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator.
- A used aluminum can is recycled and back on the grocery shelf as a new can, in as little as 60 days. That's closed loop recycling at its finest!
- Used aluminum beverage cans are the most recycled item in the U.S., but other types of aluminum, such as siding, gutters, car components, storm window frames, and lawn furniture can also be recycled.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours -- or the equivalent of a half a gallon of gasoline.
- More aluminum goes into beverage cans than any other product.
- Because so many of them are recycled, aluminum cans account for less than 1% of the total U.S. waste stream, according to EPA estimates.
- An aluminum can that is thrown away will still be a can 500 years from now!
- There is no limit to the amount of times an aluminum can be recycled.
- We use over 80,000,000,000 aluminum soda cans every year.
- At one time, aluminum was more valuable than gold!
- A 60-watt light bulb can be run for over a day on the amount of energy saved by recycling 1 pound of steel. In one year in the United States, the recycling of steel saves enough energy to heat and light 18,000,000 homes!
- In the United States, the amount of steel that is discarded and not recycled every year is enough to build all the new American-made cars.
Zarc Recycling, LLC has been recycling in the Bay Area for the past 6 years. As a certified CRV recycler by the State of California, we offer a comprehensive array of recycling needs with vast experience in the industry. We pay for CRV (California Redemption Value) on Aluminum and Plastic bottles purchased and consumed in California.
Furthermore, containers not purchased here in California still hold scrap values. We pay for Aluminum (Soda Cans | Beer Cans) as well as Plastics (Plastic #1 (PETE) | Plastic #2 (Clear HDPE) | Plastic #2 (Color HDPE) | Plastic #5 | (Polypropylene) | Plastic #6 (Polystyrene) | Plastic #7) at a reduce rate that does not contain CRV.